Friday, December 5, 2014

Cooking Tip of the Week: Pan-Frying Chicken

Hello, readers!  I'd like to share my technique on cooking chicken without access to a grill--frying!

I prefer to cut my chicken into 1-inch pieces or long, skinny pieces.  Always cut the raw chicken before cooking it.  I cook chicken on medium-low heat, and continually check both sides of the chicken as it's cooking in the pan.

Unless I'm marinading chicken, I season it as soon as the meat hits the pan.  You can mess around with different seasonings to your liking.  I normally add garlic powder/salt, Italian seasoning, and a few drops of teriyaki or hot sauce.

As the chicken is cooking, make sure you're paying attention to which sides of the chicken are cooking; you don't want to cook meat on the same side for too long.  Once all sides of the chicken are no longer pink, it's finished!  If you are cooking whole chicken pieces, cut into the thickest part of the chicken to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.

Thanks for reading and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment